Table of Contents Vol. IV No. 4
|NEW WORLD QUARTERLY VOL. IV, No. 4|
|POLITICS AND ECONOMICS|
|Paddy Summerfield||3||Regional Organization of Trade Unions in the Caribbean|
|Selwyn Ryan||7||Restructuring the Trinidad Economy|
|Trevor Munroe||24||Nationalism and Democracy in Jamaica|
|James Millette||39||The Caribbean Free Trade Association|
|Roger Mactair||49||Three Poems|
|Immanuel Wallerstein||51||Violence vs. Persuasion as Agents of Social Change|
|Marjorie Thorpe||55||“The Mimic Men” A Study of Isolation.|
|Helen Pyne-Timothy||60||Earl Lovelace: his view of Trinidad Society in “While Gods are Falling” and “The Schoolmaster “|
|Gordon Rohlehr||66||Character and Rebellion in the House of Mr. Biswas|
|St. Clair Drake||73||Reflections on the Black Diaspora|
|1. Gordon Rohlehr, Helen Pyne-Timothy, Marjorie Thorpe are lecturers in English at the University of the West Indies, St. Augustine
2. Trevor Munroe is a Research Scholar in Political Science at the University of Oxford.
3. St.Clair Drake is a Professor of Sociology at Roosevelt University, Chicago, U.S.A.
4. Immanuel Wallerstein is a lecturer in Political Science at Columbia University.
5. James Millette lectures in History at U. W. I. St. Augustine.
6. Selwyn Ryan is an Associate Professor in the Department of Government at York University, Toronto, Canada.
Groups and Associates in :
Editor: Lewis Bobb
Assistant Editors: Augustus Ramrekersingh, Joycelyn Martin, Ingrid Barclay, Ivan Laughlin.
Organising Editors: Mark Segal, Syl Lowhar, Earl Lewis, John Humphrey, Eric St. Cyr.
Managaing Editor: George Beckford
Assistant Editors: Steve de Castro, Mervyn Alleyne, Woodville Marshall
Editorial Board: David Beckles, Owen Jefferson, James Millette, Edwin Carrington
Circulation: Desmond Allum, David Becklles, Jo Parchment
Treasurer: Owen Jefferson
Consultants: Lloyd Best, Roy Augier, Woodville Marchall, Norman Girvan, George Lamming, Mervyn Alleyne, David de Caires.